- This event has passed.
In-Person Carbon Literacy Training Day with Positive Planet – April 19
April 19 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£165.86
Join the Positive Planet team, for an informative and interactive Carbon Literacy Certified training course, a qualification recognised by the United Nations. Carbon Literacy training provides organisations with an awareness of the climate-related costs and impacts of their activities and the ability and motivation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Is this course right for me?
This course is aimed at SMEs, their employees and anyone looking to increase their awareness of carbon dioxide costs, impacts, and most importantly how to reduce emissions. The course would be especially useful for those people who have a responsibility for sustainability and carbon reduction within their role.
The course will enable you to empower your team to take climate action. The course will also give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to act to reduce your carbon emissions to support your company’s and the UK’s Net Zero target.
This in-person training event will be held at the inspiring backdrop of the Bonded Warehouse, located in Manchester’s Enterprise City, a thriving hub for collaboration and creativity. There will be opportunities to network about your Net Zero plans with like-minded businesses
The venue is also fully accessible.
What’s on offer?
Carbon Literate individuals understand how climate change will affect them, both geographically and locally. Individuals who receive Carbon Literacy training typically realise carbon savings of 5-15%.
The aims of the course are:
- • To gain an understanding of the different greenhouse gases, where they come from and the impact they are having on our climate
- • To acquire a sense of urgency about the climate emergency
- • To know how you can reduce your carbon footprint
- • To understand your role in your company’s Carbon Reduction Plan and journey to Net Zero
- • To empower you to take action and influence others
The benefits for your business:
- • Encourages new ideas and efficiencies within the organisation
- • Explains the rationale for change and action
- • Enhanced reputation and profile of organisation
- • Improved competitiveness
This course is the equivalent of 8 hours of CPD training and requires attendees to carry out tasks prior to attending the in-person course. During the course, attendees will need to complete a personal and corporate pledge, which will be submitted to the Carbon Literacy Project for assessment and certification.
** Positive Planet reserves the right to cancel within 48 hours, but will offer a total refund
** Positive Planet operates a non-refundable policy. We can offer a rescheduled event if cancellation is no later than 48 hours before the event, subject to availability.