- This event has passed.
Net zero for business and UK gov digital sustainability strategy – hybrid event
April 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for our hybrid event with insightful talks combining tech and sustainability with two brilliant speakers – Aisha Stewart from Business West and Adam Turner from Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs).
How you choose to join in is up to you! Join us either:
- In person at the Engine Shed, Bristol for pizza, drinks and a spot of mingling before the talks. Arrive at the Engine Shed from 6pm for a 6.30pm start.
- Or attend online and enjoy a welcoming and authentic Green Tech South West experience using CrowdCast. Join online from 6.20pm for a 6.30pm start.
Both sessions close at 8pm. For those in person we’ll move to a nearby pub for more networking.
Please tell us your preference for attending when you RSVP so we can order the right amount of food and drinks and prevent food waste or hungry bellies!
Future proofing your business for net zero
More businesses are committing to take action to reduce their carbon emissions for all sorts of reasons. They may be feeling pressure from clients trying to understand and decarbonise their supply chain, from the public or simply understand that this is the right thing to do.
In this talk, Aisha will:
- – Break down the three different scopes under the Greenhouse Gas Protocol;
- – Explain where companies are starting to make progress on their decarbonisation journey;
- – Discuss how increased GHG emission reporting for companies externally and as part of a supply chain, has made carbon emission reductions a key way to remain competitive in a net zero future.
Can we sustain a digital world?
In this talk Adam will set out what digital sustainability is. He’ll cover what Defra and cross government UK departments have been doing in order to tackle the issue in terms of policy, strategy, internal collaboration and industry engagement. As well as international engagement activity through the COPs, UN and Digital Nations. He’ll finish up by touching on mythologies and data, and look at risks and future direction.
Our schedule is as follows:
🔓 18.00 – Engine Shed doors open for in-person attendees
🔓 18.20 – CrowdCast online room opens for online attendees
👋 18.30 – Event starts with a welcome from your meet-up organisers, Ellen, Hannah and Mike
📢 18.35 – Our famous 60-second intros – a chance for in-person and online attendees to introduce themselves, ask for help and tell us about something the group might find interesting
💚 18.50 – Aisha’s talk
💚 19.15 – Adam’s talk
❓ 19.35 – Questions
🗓️ 19.50 – Round-up, other community notices and next event announcement
20.00 – Event close. In-person attendees can continue to informal networking at a nearby pub
The event will be recorded and will be available along with slides shortly after.
For those online attendees, we’ll email the joining link ahead of the event and more details about what to expect.