- This event has passed.
Sustainability Conference 2023: People, Purpose & Place – A Strategic Approach To Sustainability
June 7 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm£295
New for 2023, and aimed at senior and strategic leaders within HE, this conference will focus on the sector’s responsibilities in relation to the UN SDGs, civic responsibility, new sustainability initiatives and research.
By way of keynote speakers, panel sessions and workshops, this conference will provide a forum for learning about evidence-based and co-produced initiatives that engender real change and offer a safe space for discussion on how to achieve your institution’s sustainability targets.
Universities have a critical role as models of good practice, enabling the knowledge, ideas and opportunities to solve local and global challenges and valuing all their stakeholders. This requires organisational strategy and KPIs aligned to sustainability, delivered through committed and distributed leadership.
Supporting and challenging organisational leaders to take a holistic approach to align their sustainability strategy and practice this conference will focus on three key themes:
– What we do: What data and information do we need, want and have? What evidence and insights can we draw from the data and how do we use this for informed decision-making?
– How we do it: How can the organisational leadership, executive and governance, strategically develop and plan to stimulate and create a shared understanding about the direction of travel in a way that unites? What principles and values drive organisational strategy?
– What success looks like: How do we measure it? How do we engage stakeholders and tell our story?
Who should attend?
This conference is aimed at senior and strategic leaders of higher education institutions wishing to progress the sustainability agenda within their institutions and make impactful changes.
– Clare Pollock, Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost at Western Sydney University. Ranked 1st in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022.
– Professor Clare Pollock, Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost at Western Sydney University.