- This event has passed.
NetZero Networking Kent Downs Cycle Ride
July 19 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
This informal and friendly business networking cycle ride is your chance to take a break from the day-to-day routine, get some fresh air, and exercise whilst meeting with like-minded people.
The planned route starts from Wye Railway Station, Wye, and heads north towards Canterbury – following quiet country roads through the beautiful countryside.
We expect to ride about 20 miles. There will be hills and valleys and breathtaking views.
You don’t need to be super fit or an expert cyclist to join us. But you will need a reasonable level of fitness and basic bike handling skills. We expect the ride to take between 2.5 and 3 hours.
What you will need:
• A roadworthy bike – any type.
• A cycling helmet (Recommended – not compulsory)
• Clothing – if you have a specialist kit – that’s fine. If you don’t, we recommend wearing close-fitting, comfortable clothes suitable for the weather (check the forecast before leaving home). Eye protection, gloves, and sensible footwear are also recommended.
• Please bring a drink and a snack.
Ride Distance – approx. 20 miles. We’ll be riding at a leisurely pace so that everyone can keep up and it’s easy to chat – we won’t leave anyone behind.
Parking – Free parking is available in Wye. However, please travel as sustainably as you can. There are regular trains from London, Ashford, Canterbury, Ramsgate, etc.
3 pm Meet at Wye Railway Station. We’ll do a kit and bike check and then depart.
5.30 pm – 6 pm Return to Wye for drinks, refreshments, etc.
Snacks, meals, and refreshments are available in Wye (at an additional cost).
You are welcome to join us for food/drinks if you can’t make the cycle ride.
Please call or text on 07813 985780 to let us know you are coming.
What to expect:
– This is a relaxed, friendly, and informal networking event.
– You’ll have a chance to introduce yourself and your work/business when we meet, and you’ll be encouraged to get to know everyone.
– There is no pitching or referrals, although collaboration, support, and information sharing are encouraged.
– You are welcome to bring your business or sustainability questions, challenges, opportunities, or topics you would like to discuss.
Please travel to the event as sustainability as you can.
There are regular trains to Wye. However, we do understand that using public transport is not always possible. If you need to drive – free parking is available in Wye.
Rachael Carley is a certified Coach, NLP Practitioner, and outdoor leader with a background in business and the not-for-profit sector. She started Carley Coaching in July 2021 and held the first outdoor networking event in December 2021. ‘NetZero Networking’ evolved from this and became a regular feature in 2022. Rachael is also co-founder of the sustainability training company, ‘Lead Inspire’ and she leads ‘Bici’ – a cycling and sustainable transport initiative delivered in partnership with Macknade.
Miranda Palmer is the Active Travel Interventions Team Leader at Kent County Council. Miranda is a Ride Leader with a background in the Agricultural and Equestrian industry, Sports Development, Education, and Transport Planning. She is passionate about the health and well-being of others and helps facilitate this through her everyday work and personal life.