- This event has passed.
NetZero Networking Pilgrim’s Way Chilham to Canterbury Cathedral
June 21 @ 8:15 am - 12:30 pmFree
This midweek morning walk takes place on the summer solstice and follows the Pilgrims’ Way from Chilham to Canterbury Cathedral. It’s your chance to take a break from the day-to-day routine, get some fresh air and exercise whilst meeting with like-minded people.
We meet at Chilham Railway Station, heading into the historic village of Chilham where we join the path visiting the villages of Old Wives Lees, Chartham Hatch and Harbledown along the way before we head into the centre of Canterbury. For those that are interested, there will be the opportunity to visit the Cathedral, and stop for coffee or brunch.
The walk is around 7.5 miles. The route follows country roads and paths that can be muddy and steep in places. It is suitable for anyone with a reasonable fitness level. We expect to take around 3 – 3.5 hours before we arrive in Canterbury.
We’ll be walking at a comfortable pace for the group – we won’t leave anyone behind.
8.15 am Meet at ChilhamTrain Station. This time is great for trains arriving from London, Ashford, Canterbury, Ramsgate etc.
11.30 – 12 pm Arrive in Canterbury for drinks, cakes, or brunch.
You are welcome to join us in Canterbury if you can’t make the walk.
Please call or text us on 07813 985780 and we can let you know when and where to meet us.
What you will need:
– Clothing – Please check the weather forecast before you leave and bring suitable clothing. You may need suncream or waterproofs or both. Walking boots are recommended.
– Please bring a drink and a snack for this walk. There are no places to buy refreshments until we get to Canterbury.
What to expect:
– This is a relaxed, friendly and informal networking event.
– You’ll have a chance to introduce yourself and your work/business when we meet, and you’ll be encouraged to get to know everyone.
– There is no pitching or referrals. Collaboration, support and information sharing are encouraged.
– You are welcome to bring your business or sustainability questions, challenges, opportunities or topics you would like to discuss.
Please travel to the event as sustainability as you can.
There are regular trains and buses from Ashford/Canterbury. However, we do understand that using public transport is not always possible.
If you need to park there is parking nearby in Chilham.
Rachael Carley is a certified Coach, NLP Practitioner and experienced outdoor leader.