- This event has passed.
Newcastle – People, Planet, Pint: Sustainability Meetup
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Pop down to your local People Planet Pint meetup to find more about what’s going on locally with sustainability and how you can get involved.
No pitches, powerpoints or panels. Just People, Planet, Pint/s.
Your local meetup is a great place to start your journey or continue learning, and meet diverse people to chat about life and how we can sustain it. Every job is a climate job, so come along and learn about how you can take action, as well as what is going on locally.
We welcome everyone, regardless of their experience or background. People Planet Pint is a space where everyone can feel comfortable learning about sustainability and sharing their ideas.
Afterall, creating a sustainable future requires connected communities. And what better way to bring everyone together than over a drink?
Prefer a Pastry to a Pint? Head along to ‘People Planet Pastry’! Equally relaxed and welcoming, they run during the day and offer an informal way to learn about what is going on locally in sustainability.
Your Volunteer Hosts
Anne-Marie Soulsby: As a child of the 80’s, I’ve always been acutely aware of the fragility of our planet and the impact we have, but also the unique challenges everyone faces with becoming more sustainable. My Award Winning Expertise & Knowledge includes:
- Climate Literacy Trainer & Sustainability Coach
- Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Science, Masters in Conservation Biology, Life Coaching Diploma
- 2 Awards at the Climate Co-Lab, a climate change competition at MIT University
- Eco Renovator
- Chair of Climate Action Wansbeck
- Core Member of Divest Tyne & Wear Pension Fund Campaign Group
- Former Director of a climate communications NGO in Africa, former IUCN Red List Assessor, former officer for an international fieldwork based research organisation
- Featured in The Telegraph!
Claire has long been concerned (borderline panicking) about environmental issues and after many years working in the waste industry and the public sector, she decided to forge her own path to connect with people. Venture Zero was established to engage with businesses, local communities and schools on the climate crisis, the link to our mental health and wellbeing and to empower people to understand that small steps add up to make a big difference. Claire delivers workshops/training and works with organisations on their roadmap to Net Zero with the aim of leaving people feeling more positive about the future.
Supported by: Robson Laidler
Robson Laidler is kindly sponsoring this Newcastle chapter of People Planet Pint.
- Team of 100 staff based in Jesmond and Chester le Street, offering business advisory, audit, tax advisory and compliance, accounts preparation, payroll and VAT services.
- Our purpose is to “Make a positive difference to people’s lives”.
- We are a Certified B Corporation, which means we use our business as a force for good, balancing purpose with profit. One of only three accountants in the whole of the UK and the first B Corp in the North East!
- Recognised as one of the ‘Best in the World’ B Corps for our Governance.
- We have our own Community Foundation Fund, which sees us donate 5% of our profits each year to charitable causes across the North East.
- All staff are given paid volunteer days each year.
KRYSTAL are an award-winning, 100% green web hosting provider, with datacentres in the UK, US, & Europe. They are climate positive, and their approach centres on value, quality and transparency.
We are delighted to announce our partnership with Krystal (the UK’s only B Corp web hosting/cloud provider), and welcome them on board as sponsors of the People, Planet, Pint events.
This means the first 33 drinks are on Krystal at every event, and has allowed us to invest and upscale the series to accelerate action on climate change.
Small99 is a platform that guides small business owners to Net Zero and avoids the overwhelm. Small99 organises the PPP events, with the belief that bringing people together will spark unexpected solutions to collaboration in tackling climate change.